Paris, November 28th 2017 . The largest start-up competition in the field of composites will be held during JEC World 2018, March 6th-8th, 2018.
For the second edition of Start-up Booster, JEC Group is proud to announce the following prestigious jury – confirmed today:
– 3M – Christophe MEULEMAN, Managing Director R&D
– Airbus Commercial Aircraft – Jelle BLOEMHOF, Head of Composites Manufacturing Technologies
– Alstom – Xavier ALLARD, Design & Styling Director
– CETIM – Christophe CHAMPENOIS, Composites Department Manager
– Daimler AG – Dr. Karl-Heinz FÜLLER, Manager hybrid materials, concepts and AMG
– GE’s Digital European Foundry – Vincent CHAMPAIN, General Manager
– Innovation Plasturgie Composites (IPC) – Dr. Bertrand FILLON, General Director of Research
– JEC Group – Ms. Frédérique MUTEL, President & CEO
– Vector Space System – Jim CANTRELL, CEO & Co-founder
In 2018, Start-up Booster will offer an intensive 3 day-programme, jointly organized with BPI France Le Hub, which will include:
- A Pitching session: in front of both the jury and industry leaders
- A Start-up Booster Winners Ceremony: with the attendance of industrialists, international press, and scientists
- “Meet the jury” sessions: to provide start-ups with the possibility of interacting with, and getting tangible feedback from, each jury member
- “Example of agility between Corporate and Start-up”: a session by Solvay Venture, with Stéphane ROUSSEL, CEO of Solvay Venture and Leandro CASTRO, CEO of MultiMechanics
- An accelerator session: with the Airbus composites & manufacturing teams
- An AMA (Ask me Anything) session: with Clémentine GALLET, CEO of Coriolis
- Start-up Club sessions: with the 3 winners from 2017 (HPrec, 3D Fortify and Pond) sharing experience and tips with their peers
And much more! The full programme will be announced in early February.
This programme will also be open to participants in the show.
The 10 selected start-ups will benefit from unparalleled exposure to International Media, and direct access to the Composites Industry, as JEC World attracts more than 40,000 visits over the 3 days. The selected start-ups will also be invited to the JEC World VIP Party, and will be offered a full logistic package (with F&B during the day).
Out of these 10, three will be provided with an 18m² stand for JEC World 2019, as well as a promotion package – worth 10,000€, and finally, 3,500€ to cover the costs of their participation in 2018.
Start-up Booster is targeting Start-ups, SMEs & Academic Spinoffs, who want to present their innovations to world leaders of composites, in 2 categories:
- PROCESS: Design, Manufacturing, Digitalization / Industry 4.0
- PRODUCTS: New materials including hybrid materials, bio-sourcing and intelligent composites, new market applications
“We are looking for innovative solutions to optimizing the costs of our current production, as well as meeting our ambitious research targets. The robustness of processes throughout the complete carbon composite life-cycle, including reuse/recycling, is a key requirement for successful implementation. Reduction of non-valued added operations and increased process automation are key parts of this, with both thermoset and thermoplastic technologies within the scope of our interest.” said Jelle BLOEMHOF, Head of Composite Manufacturing Technologies, Airbus.
“We are looking for new technologies in the composite area, supporting our CASE innovation strategy. Specifically, we are looking into improving the cost situation, as well as activities making composites smarter – by integrating new sensor systems”, added Dr. Karl-Heinz FÜLLER, Manager hybrid materials, concepts and AMG at Daimler AG.
The attraction of start-ups in the composites field, and the power of JEC, has allowed the event to announce a series of leading partners for its 2018 edition:
- Airbus and Daimler as Main Innovation Partners
- 3M as Industry Partner
- Solvay Venture as Coaching Partner
- CETIM, IPC and Pôle Astech as Innovation & Research partners
“One of the JEC Group’s missions is to spot composites innovations at their early stage, and help them grow, to improve the industry and every end-using segment. Start-up Booster is the perfect way to source and to filter innovations, with the backing of important industry players” said Ms. Frédérique MUTEL, President and CEO of JEC Group.
The program also benefits from the support of a vast range of “recruitment partners”, from the JEC network, including prestigious names such as Almaco, ARI Picardie, Assocompositi, AZL, BPI France, Composites Recycling Technology Center, DLR, EPFL, Innovative Composites Center, Institut für Verbundwerkstoffe, IRT Jules Vernes, Leichtbau Baden- Württemberg, MAI Carbon, Matériaupôle, National Composites Center Japan, Nord France Innovation Développement, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Composites World, SATT, Starburst Accelerator, TNFIS, TUM, Turkish Composites Manufacturers Association, Ulnanotech, UNCM, the U.S. Commercial Service…
Check the list of Start-up Booster 2018 Partners (CLICK HERE)
The call for applications will be open until December 15th, 2017: CLICK HERE