6th Lightweight Materials And EV Body Structures Manufacturing Technologies Summit
19 February 2019 - 20 February 2019
The Lightweight Materials And EV Body Structures Manufacturing Technologies Summit is an OEM-led initiative driven by the latest advancements in manufacturing techniques, joining methods and forming processes for lightweight vehicles.
The transition by OEMs to a new generation of electric vehicles is placing increased emphasis on breakthrough technologies for lightweight vehicle manufacturing processes and integrated assembly.
The 6th edition of the Summit will explore new manufacturing technologies and solutions being adopted for EVs, including multi-material components and structures to optimize structural integrity, meet safety and NVH objectives, and achieve mass reduction to offset heavy batteries.
Exclusive to the 2019 Summit will be a top-level industry panel discussion on understanding how electric vehicles will impact manufacturing and joining technologies, featuring senior decision-makers from global OEMs.
WHAT’S NEW ABOUT THE 2019 AGENDA?
Our brand new agenda for February 2019 directly addresses real practical and technical issues and is developed specifically for senior engineers and technical specialists i n body structures, lightweight advanced materials, process engineering, materials joining and forming.
Attending one of the most important events in the automotive calendar will help improve your day to day decision making and face these challenges with enhanced knowledge including:
- Advances in joining technologies and techniques for multi-materials manufacturing including welding, fastening and adhesives
- Adoption of modelling and simulation tools for more cost-effective design for manufacturing and integrated assembly
- Utilization of new energy sources for processing and increased automation in manufacturing
- Assuring quality and dimensional control in the body shop
- Understanding the transformative potential of large scale additive manufacturing with metals